Oat and Raisin Dunking Biscuits
Makes 20-25 cookies
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12-14 minutes
225g/8 oz butter
350g/12 oz light soft brown sugar
55g/2 oz caster sugar
3tsp vanilla extract
300g/10 1/2 oz plain flour
2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
200g/7 oz rolled oats
200g/7 oz raisins
These crunchy, oaty biscuits are studded with raisins to add a delicious chewiness. And they’re never better than when dunked into a mug of the classic Tetley blend.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/310F/Gas 2 1/2.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, caster sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then sift the flour, bicarb and cinnamon together and stir into the mixture.
- Finally, stir in the oats and raisins.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto greased baking sheets, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden-brown round the edges. Remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack before serving.